Why? The Lillis’s had a number of reasons why they wanted a LouvreTec Opening Roof on their apartment balcony, these were:
- an extended entertaining area (they are grandparents and needed space for the kids and for the extended family for entertaining)
- needing the ability to use it all year round
- Let the sun in through the winter months and block the sun in summer while still having ventilation.
- control the west sun and wind coming over the 1st flr balcony where this is to be installed
- protect the new BBQ/fridge/sink being installed and that would withstand the BBQ heat
- wanted a contemporary design to complement their new apartment
- have adequate lighting
- something that would last as this is their forever home
LouvreTec could more than adequately fulfil all the above criteria by
- Creating an all weather, all year round area that gave them complete control of the Sun, wind, light and rain using the remote controlled LouvreTec 200 Suburban Opening Roof system combined with the high quality motorised blinds.
- We were able to control the wind, west sun and rain by using our Motorised Blinds in the mesh finish, the mesh is only 5% open but gives you a clear view through them. This is the longest lasting option that has some major benefits with a reinforced roller, tracks keeping the fabric taught, and brushes that clean the fabric every time it is raised and lowered.
- We designed a bulk head around the outside allowing for lighting and electrical to be installed within the cavity while dealing with un even surfaces.
- Longevity is what the LouvreTec system is designed for utilising our own and unique Spiral Pivot System which has everything completely concealed, that is all the mechanisms and motors while utilising the high end reliable Somfy Motor.
The customers are over whelmed with how successful the project has been, they love the area and use it all the time, we fulfilled every criteria that they were looking for. They loved it so much that they offer us to use them as an example site for customers who want to look at an existing project and are ready to buy.
Ready to add a LouvreTec Roof to your project?
Contact Us for an obligation free quote.